The Fort Dodge Fire Department responded to a house fire at 2058 Third Ave. N. Wednesday morning. A neighbor noticed smoke and called 911 shortly before 9 a.m. No injuries were reported.
The Fort Dodge Fire Department responded to a house fire at 2058 Third Ave. N. shortly before 9 am Wednesday morning. The owner and her pet were able to escape safely.
A short in the wiring in the attic of a Fort Dodge home sparked a fire Wednesday morning, according to the Fort Dodge Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to 2058 Third Ave. N. shortly before 9:00 am Wednesday after a neighbor noticed smoke billowing from the roof of the house and called 911. The neighbor also informed the occupant of the house, Mary Gunderson, who was able to call 911. ’emerge unscathed, with his pet.
According to a press release from the department, fire crews immediately began an aggressive fire attack indoors, opening up areas of the ceiling and finding a fire in the living room, kitchen and attics. They were able to quickly contain the fire in the attic.
The house suffered damage from the attic fire and smoke throughout. The Red Cross helps displaced owners.
The FDFD was assisted on site by Fort Dodge Police and MidAmerican Energy.